By Dale A. Stirling
With a view towards the history of North American undefined, A Bibliographic advisor to North American undefined: background, well-being, and unsafe Waste offers advised readings in ancient and modern literature with regards to the origins of particular industries, the wellbeing and fitness and questions of safety they face, and the way they deal with waste and stop toxins.
Read Online or Download A Bibliographic Guide to North American Industry: History, Health, and Hazardous Waste PDF
Similar environmentalism books
Edwardo Lao Rhodes examines the difficulty of environmental justice as a public coverage challenge and indicates using a brand new technique in its assessment. instead of argue the benefits of development as opposed to environmental defense, he makes the case that race and sophistication weren't significant matters of environmental coverage till the Nineteen Nineties.
The identity of inputs and outputs is the 1st and doubtless most crucial step in trying out and examining advanced structures. Following accredited average legislation corresponding to the conservation of mass and the main of electroneutrality, the input/output research of the process, be it regular or in reference to perturbations will show the prestige dynamic, will establish no matter if adjustments are reversible or irreversible and even if altering the enter will reason a hysteresis reaction.
Land Degradation and Desertification: evaluation, Mitigation, and Remediation experiences study ends up in sustainable land administration and land degradation prestige and mitigation in 36 nations world wide. It contains heritage papers with continental and overseas views facing land degradation and desertification stories.
This richly illustrated ebook celebrates the range, significance, and intrinsic fantastic thing about soils worldwide and is helping the reader to appreciate the ways in which soils are with regards to the landscapes within which they shape. The ebook unravels the complicated bond among people and soils and the significance of soils in our cultures and daily lives.
- Energetic Materials
- Resilience Practice: Building Capacity to Absorb Disturbance and Maintain Function
- Making Transparent Environmental Management Decisions: Applications of the Ecosystem Management Decision Support System
- The Pure State of Nature: Sacred cows, destructive myths and the environment
- Slash-and-Burn Agriculture: The Search for Alternatives
- The Agile City: Building Well-being and Wealth in an Era of Climate Change
Extra info for A Bibliographic Guide to North American Industry: History, Health, and Hazardous Waste
1979. Avoiding Confined Space Hazards in Wastewater Treatment Plants. Pollution Engineering (August). 50 Sector 22 98. , et al. 1989. A Retrospective Cohort Mortality Study on Workers of Two Thermoelectric Power Plants: Fourteen-year Follow-up Results. European Journal of Epidemiology 5(1): 87–89. 99. , et al. 2003. Exposure to Bioaerosols in a Municipal Sewage Treatment Plant. Annals of Agricultural & Environmental Medicine 10: 241–248. 100. , et al. 1993. Respiratory Function in Sewage Workers.
1982. Effects of Electric Fields Near Power Transmission Plants. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 75: 933. 88. Cohen, A. , et al. 1972. Asthma and Air Pollution from a Coal-fueled Power Plant. American Journal of Public Health 62: 1181–1188. 89. , et al. 2001. Work-Related Symptoms in Sewage Treatment Workers. Annals of Agricultural & Environmental Medicine 8: 39–45. 90. , et al. 1995. Health Status and Exposure of Workers at a Pilot Brown Coal Liquefaction Plant in Australia, 1985–1991.
164. Graham, W. , et al. 2004. Vermont Granite Mortality Study. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health 46(5): 459–466. 165. Grieve, A. 1988. Oil: Toxicity of Drilling Mud. Occupational Health 40(12): 736–739. 166. IARC. 1987. IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans: Silica and Some Silicates (Monograph No. 11). Lyon, France: IARC. 167. Knox, J. , et al. 1986. Acquired Perforating Disease in Oil Field Workers. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 14(4): 605–611.
A Bibliographic Guide to North American Industry: History, Health, and Hazardous Waste by Dale A. Stirling